"wOrds are alive; cut them and they bleed." ralph waldO emmerson. wOrds are merely mOrtal; dO nOt expect them to describe an immOrtal concept. that wOuld be the same mistake stephen dOuglas made, if yOu believe charles sumner, that is.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Truth withOut a cOuntry


"What is the secret of life?” I asked.
“I forget,” said Sandra.

“Protein,” the bartender declared.
-Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

I believe it is heresy to write this. I could be wrong, but it is surely sin, and if I had lived in another age, the good Dominican Friar Walker would have my hide for it. But this, my friends, is America. ;) Yet even so, Truth has no home here. Truth is "a man without a country," and there's no rectifying that.

In biological terms at the very least, protein is the secret of life. It is a cosmological law that we humans need it to live; without it, we die. Simply, without the basic building blocks of life, namely CHNOPS, man cannot exist. However, in spite of scientific laws that have been proven by immovable facts, Truth is crucified a martyr daily. Truth is tossed from the homes of the naive and left to rot in the cruel streets while superstition is given a cozy little seat by the fire. That is the Truth, and this is Heresy--that sapient beings would sink low enough to wallow in their own intellectual excrement!

"Where do I get my ideas from? You might as well have asked that of Beethoven. He was goofing around in Germany like everybody else, and all of a sudden this stuff came gushing out of him. It was music. I was goofing around like everybody else in Indiana, and all of a sudden stuff came gushing out. It was disgust with civilization."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Concurrence.

No comments: